Steps to Measure Your Wall When You Want a Wallpaper
Simple Formula To Calculate
- With the help of a flexometer, you will measure the maximum width of your wall x the maximum height of your wall.
- Multiply these two measures. For example, the width of your wall measures 4 meters and has a height of 2.20 meters. The result of what your wall measures is 8.8 square meters.
- Once we have the total square meters of the wall, in this example 8.8 m2; There is an easy formula to know how many rolls you need. It is worth mentioning that this formula changes depending on whether the wallpaper has design or if it is completely smooth (no design).
- The formula we will use for wallpapers that have a design (repeating pattern) is to divide the result of m2 by 4.2 and for wallpapers that are smooth (no repeating pattern), the m2 factor is divided by 4.6.
- In the Example that we have put on a wall of 8.8 square meters with a Wallpaper with design we need 8.8 / 4.2 = 2.0952 rolls or 3 rolls. For those same 8.8 square meters but choosing a smooth Wallpaper without any drawing at least, we need 8.8 / 4.6 = 1.9130 rolls or 2 rolls.
It is important that the measures are taken well to obtain the correct number of rolls.